We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our growing team.
Currently Hiring For: Web Developer / Designer
This position reports to the Creative Director, and will work closely with both the Media and Digital Marketing Team.
The ideal candidate will be called upon to develop, deploy and maintain client online projects according to specifications set out by the Marketing Team. You will also be called upon to assist the Creative Team in design of client projects to ensure the best possible user experience.
- Assist in design and architecture of new client projects as they occur.
- Develop, deploy and maintain client projects throughout the course of their lifecycle.
- Accurately assess new projects, or project additions for adequate deliverable dates and times.
- Investigate and resolve user and functionality related issues.
- Assist in troubleshooting website/software application issues.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Verify product and data integrity of projects
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Project Team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the CEO.
- Ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, and concisely communicate with other Team Members and Leads.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of business processes for our clients.
- Be self-motivated and able to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
We like to employ Team Members who want to learn and grow with our organization, so experience is less of an asset than the willingness to learn. Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years industry experience with designing and developing web projects.
- Experience with domain DNS management and best practices a must.
- Degree/Diploma in Software Development or Web Development (such as Computer Science or New Media Production), or other equivalent.
- In depth experience with PHP, MySQL and web services such as LAMP, XAMPP, WAMP, etc.
- Experience with responsive CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Groundwork) and CMS projects.
- Experience with Relational and Transactional Database Architecture and implementation with complex database queries.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Google Analytics in both implementation and custom reporting.
- Some knowledge of E-commerce implementation and web services (SOAP/XML), or the desire to learn them.
- Experience with setup and management of the Google for Work Application Suite.
- Basic knowledge of cron job scheduler with PHP.
- Experience with project versioning software ( SVN, PuTTY, SSH, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite of applications (Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred.